Licensed Producer Moving into a New State

Question: I am a licensed producer in Missouri only and moved to Illinois, do I have to take the Illinois insurance exam?

Answer: Provided that you are in good standing (no pending complaints or hearings) with the Missouri Department of Insurance, you can make an application for an insurance license in Illinois and pay the licensing fees. You have 90 days from the date of your move to apply. After 90 days, you will need to attend pre-licensing classes, pass the insurance examination and pay the licensing fees.