Required Reporting of Criminal Conviction

Producers are required to report criminal convictions to their state insurance regulators within 30 days. It would be wise to provide all the facts and court order for the insurance regulators to review. Failure to report convictions withing 30 days, would suggest to regulators that the producer is dishonest and would automatically revoke the insurance …

Required Reporting of Criminal Conviction Read More »

Renewal Commissions

Can I drop my insurance license and continue to receive renewal commissions? Answer: As a general rule for most states, you must be licensed to receive any commissions new or renewals. Even if you do keep your license in force, some companies require some level of sales for you to continue receiving commissions. Check with …

Renewal Commissions Read More »

Medicare Advantage Commissions

Question: I am no longer selling Medicare Advantage plans, can I receive my renewal commissions without doing the training? Answer: According to Medicare regulations, you must complete the annual training and score 90% or better on the final examination in order to continue getting renewals commissions.

Someone with a Personal Lines can sell what?

This type of line means the individual can sell only personal homeowners, renters, boat insurance, motor cycle, recreational vehicles and auto policies. The individual cannot sell or insure farm, commercial or business policies. To be able to sell farm, commercial or business policies the individual must acquire their Property/ Casualty license. An example:  Joe wants …

Someone with a Personal Lines can sell what? Read More »